The requirements to become an approved company auditor:
1. Applicants must have five (5) years of accumulative working experience, on full time basis, which can be either Pre- & Post- MIA membership, but:
1.1 At least one (1) year being a MIA member;
1.2 At least three (3) years out of the five (5) years’ experience must be in audit practice; and
1.3 One (1) year practice (out of the above three (3) years) in audit supervisory role**.
2. Applicants who possess the relevant auditing experience but are no longer in an audit practice, is still eligible to apply at the point of submission, if he/she had:
2.1 Left the Audit practice within three (3) years from the date of application; or
2.2 Left the Audit Practice for more than three (3) years but has at least one (1) year recent working experiences in audit practice within the Malaysian environment prior to the submission for new application.
3. Applicants having experiences in audit firm in other countries can also be considered provided he/she has practiced at least one (1) year in Malaysian environment, on a full time basis.
4. Applicants must be members of the Malaysia Institute of Accountant (MIA) and registered as a “Chartered Accountant”.
5. Applicants must hold valid practicing certificate issued by MIA.
6. First time applicants are required to attend the Public Practice Programme organized by MIA. The certificate of attendance is valid for three (3) years.
Supervisory role means overseeing, managing and controlling audits consulting engagements including preparing financial reports and audit planning.
2 months – 4 months
The interview panel for Company Auditors consists of:
1. Representative from Accountant General Department (AGD) – Chairman
2. Representative from Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
3. Representative from Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
4. Representative from Securities Commission of Malaysia (SC)
5. Representative from Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM)
Scope of interview:
1. Companies Act 2016
2. Capital Market and Services Act 2007
3. Securities Industry (Central Depositories) Act 1991
4. Financial Services Act 2013
5. Accountants Act 1967 & MIA By-Laws (on professional Ethics, Conduct and Practice
A candidate required to submit to the Accountant General Department (AGD) the following:-
1. Copy of provision letter of firm number issued by the SSM;
2. Copy of form under Section 265(4) Companies Act 2016, which is certified by the SSM;
3. Approval payment of RM100.00/- via BLESS e-payment module; and
4. Certified copy of identification card.
Visitor Counter: 11638066
Last Updates: 14/10/2019