1. What is the main reference source of SAGA?
a) Surat Pekeliling Akauntan Negara Malaysia Bilangan 7 Tahun 2014 - Garis Panduan Permohonan Pembangunan Sistem Perakaunan Kewangan Agensi Kerajaan; dan
b) Surat Pekeliling Akauntan Negara Malaysia Bilangan 2 Tahun 2015 – Pelaksanaan, Pemantauan, dan Pematuhan Sistem Perakaunan Standard bagi Agensi Kerajaan Standard Accounting System For Government Agencies (SAGA).
2. What is SAGA?
SAGA means a Computerized Accounting and Financial Systems (whether developed or modified in a marketed accounting package) for a Government Agency that complies with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SAGA Compliance criteria set by JANM
3. What is SAGA’s objective?
Ensure that financial statements can be made more quickly, accurately, updated and integrated with the required accounting code to enhance the management Accounting and Finance Systems of the Government Agency.
4. Who should apply for the approval of the design of Accounting and Financial Systems?
Government agencies, including the Federal Statutory Bodies, State Statutory Bodies, Local Authorities and Islamic Religious Assemblies, must apply for the approval of the Design of Accounting and Financial Systems before a system is developed.
5. How is SAGA governance structure?
The governance structure of SAGA consists of two stages:
a) Accountant’s General Depertment of Malaysia (JANM) level
i. Lembaga Perolehan Khas (LPKS) SAGA
ii. Jawatankuasa Pemandu (JKP) SAGA
iii. Jawatankuasa Teknikal (JKT) SAGA
iv. Jawatankuasa Pematuhan SAGA (JKPS)
b) Ministry/SUK and Agency level
i. Jawatankuasa Pemantau SAGA (Kementerian/ Kerajaan Negeri)
ii. Jawatankuasa Pelaksana SAGA (Agensi)
iii. Pasukan Petugas SAGA (Agensi)
6. What is the first action that agencies need to consider before develop the Accounting and Financial Systems?
Government Agencies who wish to develop the Accounting and Financial Systems are required to apply for the approval of the Accounting and Financial Systems Design from the Accountant’s General of Malaysia (JANM) as set out in the Surat Pekeliling Akauntan Negara Malaysia Bilangan 7 Tahun 2014 - Garis Panduan Permohonan Pembangunan Sistem Perakaunan Kewangan Agensi Kerajaan.
This application is required through two (2) committees at JANM which is to be certified in Mesyuarat Jawatankuasa Teknikal (JKT) SAGA and approved by Mesyuarat Jawatankuasa Pemandu (JKP) SAGA.
Application for design approval must be submitted no later than three (3) weeks prior to Mesyuarat Jawatankuasa Teknikal (JKT) SAGA.
7. Is there Application Form for Accounting and Financial System Designs that can be used by Government Agencies?
The template for application for Accounting and financial System design can be obtained from the Unit Kelulusan Sistem 2, Consultant Services Division, Accountant General Department of Malaysia.
Application templates include information such as:
2. Agency background
3. System development justification
4. Comparisons of existing and proposed Accounting and Financial System
5. Accounting and Financial System Design
6. ICT Infrastructure Design
8. Implemetation Plan
8. How much time does it take to obtain the approval of the Accounting and Financial Systems design from the Accountant General of Malaysia?
The time taken is two (2) months from the date of the completed application is received.
9. Will the agency receive a letter from the Accountant General Department of Malaysia after the proposed Accounting and Financial Systems design proposal is presented to Jawatankuasa Pemandu (JKP) SAGA?
Yes, the letter to the agency informs the decision of the Jawatankuasa Pemandu (JKP) SAGA whether the application is approved or not, will be issued for information and agency action.
10. Has the design approval of the Accounting and Financial Systems have validity periods?
The given approval has no validity period. However, the agency must reapply if there is a change in the design of the approved Accounting and Financial System.
11. How to get more information on approval of Accounting and Financial Systems design approval?
Any inquiries can be channeled to:
Unit Kelulusan Sistem 2,
Seksyen Perundingan Kewangan dan Perakaunan,
Bahagian Khidmat Perunding,
Jabatan Akauntan Negara Malaysia,
Aras 5, Perbendaharaan 2,
Kompleks Kementerian Kewangan,
No.7, Persiaran Perdana,
Presint 2, 62594 PUTRAJAYA
Visitor Counter: 8515584
Last Updates: 19/10/2018