- Where is the Application form for Refund of Unclaimed Moneys (UMA-7) available ?
Members of the public can obtain form UMA-7 from the Registrar’s office. This form is also available at all state offices of this Department and at most commercial banks. Applicants can download this form from the website for official use (Click here for UMA- 7)
- Will the Registrar impose any charges for processing the application for refund of Unclaimed Moneys ?
No charges will be imposed. The Registrar will refund the amount of moneys received without any interest given.
- Is there a specified time limit for the application of refund of Unclaimed Moneys that had been submitted to the Registrar?
The time limit is not specified in the Act. Moneys in the Registrar’s savings can be claimed by any person having right thereon and at any time in the future.
- Can a particular applicant make a claim if the original document showing right over the Unclaimed Moneys is lost ?
Can. The applicant will need to submit a letter of confirmation from the entity that submitted the said Unclaimed Moneys as supporting document in his / her application.
- Can a particular individual make inquiries whether he / she has Unclaimed Moneys in the Registrar’s savings.
An individual can check their unclaimed moneys at Registrar office counter or JANM state office.
Parties genuinely having Unclaimed Moneys will be able to provide the information needed.
- Does the Registrar appoint agents?
The Ministry of Finance or Unclaimed Money Registrar have never appointed any individuals/ firms/ companies as an intermediary or agent for the refund of Unclaimed Money.
Anyone who has Unclaimed Money can apply for a refund directly to the office of the Unclaimed Money Registrar without any charges/ costs incurred.
- Where can the claims for the refund of Unclaimed Money (WTD) be submitted?
All refund applications or any enquiries related to WTD can be submitted to the WTD Registrar at the following address:
Pendaftar Wang Tak Dituntut
Jabatan Akauntan Negara Malaysia
Bahagian Pengurusan Wang Tak Dituntut (BWTD)
Tingkat 42, Menara Maybank
100, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2056 8000
Fax: 03-2072 5707/ 03-2026 7430