- Enhance compliance with financial and accounting rules of the Government.
- Enhance advisory services of financial and accounting management of the Government.
- Enhance management efficiency and competent human capital development.
- Issue audit report within 21 days from date of completion of auditing/exit meeting.
- Issue Performance Evaluation Report of Financial and Accounting Management within 14 days from date of receipt of directive letter/exit meeting.
- Approve applications for elimination of financial and accounting records within 10 days from date of receipt.
- Check monthly receipts accounts within 25 days from date of receipt.
- Ensure that receipts and payments of the Federal Government are accounted for correctly according to the rules enforced.
- Conduct auditing to ensure that internal control on financial and accounting management of the Federal Government is sufficient and effective.
- Conduct special investigation audit according to the directives of the Ministry of Finance Malaysia.
- Ensure that Accounts Receivable are recorded according the the rules enforced.
- Grant approvals for applications for elimination of financial and accounting records according to the rules enforced.
- Give advisory service in relation to financial and accounting management.
Internal Audit Management Division
Accountant General's Department of Malaysia
Level 5 & 6, Perbendaharaan 2
No. 7, Persiaran Perdana